My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

22 March 2012

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Is it really only March????  Here in Michigan we are all sweating as the temperatures heat up.  It has been so hot here the last week people have been running their air conditioning!  We have been in the 70s, 80s F (25-29C)for the last week or more and before that in the mid 60s to 70s (18,19C).  Our average temperature for this time of year is 9C or 48F. 

A lot of people have been turning on the air conditioning.  Despite the sweltering heat I refuse to turn it on.  We've opened windows and turned on some fans, but our air conditioners are window units that we take out during the winter.  It will get cooler again and I want to be able to shut the windows to conserve on heating costs.  It's been hard to sleep at night and it feels like the middle of June/July instead of March.  I've been sitting out in the garden the last couple days and even have a bit of colour. 

I must say I'm glad the snow has gone - hopefully it won't be back.  I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch (as my mother would say).  On the 5th of this month the high temperature of the day didn't even reach freezing.  In another week I'll probably be writing about a freak snow storm we've had.

Enjoy the sun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment