My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

01 August 2014

Happy Friday

I like Fridays - I don't have to work so it's always a good day lol. Usually I spend the day running errands, catching up with housework and all the fun things I don't get to do the rest of the week.

My foot has been driving me crazy this week - hurting a lot. I took a day off walking yesterday and got right back to it today. I've been walking in a place nearby. It's in the city. The place is called Asylum Lake as I guess that once-upon-a-time it was part of the Asylum for the Insane. It's a lovely place to walk. I've seen several deer as I've been out walking.

Today after my walk, I went back later in the day armed with my camera. I was lucky enough to catch a picture of a deer. I don't think it's the same one I've been seeing. The one I've seen while out on my power walks has been a doe with a couple of babies. This one looked to be alone. I got a picture - it wasn't great as the deer was across the lake on a small piece of land covered in reeds.







I also saw some kind of bird. Not up on the different kind of birds but this one was pretty big.





I like walking here. It's so peaceful even though it's in the city. There are a few people around each day - walking their dogs, jogging, walking or taking pictures. It's amazing that I've lived here this long and haven't even know it was here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment