My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

26 May 2013

Another Sunday

It's bright and sunny again in Michigan but not hot, warm yes, but not the temps we sometimes see at this time of year. 

Yesterday we went up to Traverse City.  It's about a 3 hour car ride from Kalamazoo to Traverse City but we decided to go as this is one of the last weekends off I have before I go back to work.  My back to work date is June 10th but I have a dr appointment on June 3rd.  Once I'm back at work it'll be hard to get a full weekend off.  We walked a bit and my foot swelled up a lot.  I can't imagine how it's going to be when I go back to work.  I'm not sure I can be a full eight hours on my foot but we'll see what the dr says.  My ankle swelled up quite large and once shoe off hard to put back on.  Today my leg is hurting though swelling gone down once iced.

This time while up in Traverse City we visited the Grand Traverse Lighthouse.  This one is in the Leelanau State Park.  It was quite a trip up there but it's very pretty scenery.  It amazes me how isolated this area once was and with all the snow it gets in the winter how people survived.  It would be worth doing some historic background to the area.








This is a view of the lighthouse from the beach.  The picture below is from the land.




The next few beaches are of the beach around the lighthouse.  The Mayflies were out in force!  We had to battle our way through them.  My advice - keep your mouth closed so you don't swallow any!




No comments:

Post a Comment