My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

21 September 2011

Dentist and Books (a little rambling really)

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow.  More work.  I am really, really dreading it.  I've been thinking for a week of canceling but I've forced myself not to.  Only a scale of 1-10 of hating the dentist and anxiety I'm at a 9.  Chicken of me?  Perhaps.  Up until last year it had been a few years since I had been.  I made myself go.  It was really a goal.  I could keep putting it off and REALLY regret it (yes it was getting to that point) or I could go.  I ended up finding a really great place.  It's all women and they are very understanding.  I don't find it particularly painful and once I'm there I'm okay it's just the thought of going.  I can feel my heart pounding and my anxiety level rising just writing about it.  I won't cancel.  It would just be putting it off.  I can't wait until it's over though!

Books - ahhh I can better just thinking about them and escaping within one.  However I have A LOT of them (yep not kidding).  I'm not at the hoarder level but I could see myself getting that way if a) I had the room and b)if I didn't like a little space.  The books in our house are out of control.  I don't think there is one room in the house that doesn't have a book in it (perhaps the bathroom).  Since I got my kindle I've been trying to sell my books to buy replacements of my favourites for my kindle.  I've also been sorting out those I can live without.

Last weekend I took 3 boxes to the library bookshop.  I sort of slid back by buying at least 8 more from the shop. Not good, but they are really cheap .50 to $1.  I do have another 2 boxes to take down.  Perhaps this time I'll just drop them off and not go inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment