My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

04 January 2011

BOOK HOARDING

It's one of my many goals (see previous post) to get my book collection under control. Well, some call it a collection others call it hoarding. I've been checking out the web and other blogs and feel glad to know I'M NOT ALONE. Yes people, I am NOT the only book hoarder around. There are lots of good suggestions to get this collection under control including not buying any books until you read x amount. That's not the problem. Once I have the books I don't want to let go of them. Oh there are some I don't mind getting rid of but others I love to read over and over again. I like the strong female characters. Perhaps I even wish I could be a bit more like them.

I know I read to escape. Who doesn't want to escape the everyday dolldrums? There is nothing better on a cold winter's day to curl up with a nice blanket and a really good book. I can forget all my cares and worries and forget about the weather outside.

Sigh

HOWEVER - tomorrow I am sorting through a pile of books. I have a couple totes listed on Paperbackswap.com (if you've never been to the site before check it out!) and they need to be moved out of my bedroom and somwhere else.

I'll update on my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment