My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

30 March 2013

Mushroom Burgers

My middle son cooked dinner tonight - mushroom burgers.  Yum!  These are REALLY good.  My Mother-in-Law made them once but she used her food processor to make them and they didn't taste quite so good.  I like a bit of texture to them.  All my family - except oldest son - really like them.  They are vegetarian too!






The recipe makes 4 burgers.  I got it from a Taste of Home mag or website.

2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
oil
buns

In a large bowl combine first nine ingredients.  Shape into four patties (if the mixture is a bit wet I add more flour!). 
Heat oil (enough to coat pan) in frying pan.  Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.  Serve.

It's a really easy recipe and VERY tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment