My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

01 March 2013

What do you find calming?

When I was sorting through my photos the other day I came across a whole series I took at the beach.  There were quite a few of birds, shells, seaweed, but most were on the water and the waves. 

My relationship with the sea is two-sided.  I have a fear of drowning.  I don't even like to drive across bridges or walk on the wooden piers in England.  It is on the top of my list of ways not to die.  I won't ever go on a cruise for fear of drowning.  On the other hand I really enjoy swimming.  I can swim quite well and learned when I was really young.  I can't remember a time when I couldn't swim.  My favourite place to be is by the seaside. Whenever I go home it's my favourite place to be. I  love sitting on the beach, closing my eyes and listening to the calming sound of the waves.  I love breathing in the scent of the sea water and the smell of fish and chips frying nearby.  The sounds are delightful too - children laughing, seagulls squawking, people having a good time.   I can't think of a better place to be.






No comments:

Post a Comment