My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

23 February 2010

Yup it snowed...


It was the wet, heavy kind. It looks really pretty on the trees and bushes, but it's a pain to shovel/snowblow and walk/drive through. I'd like it a lot more if I didn't have to go out in it. I wouldn't mind sitting in front of a warm fire (if I had a fireplace) looking through the windows at the snow falling outside. Unfortunately I had to go to work in the morning. We live on a hill and it's really difficult to get up the street when the road is snow covered. I ended up walking even though I go to work really, really early.


I can't wait for Spring. It's getting closer. It's one of my favourite times of the year. Everything is new and fresh - a time of rebirth and renewal. Our whole area suddenly bursts with colour after being dull and dirty and grey. Grey. That's exactly how I'd describe Michigan towards the end of winter. Snow begins to melt, getting mixed with dirt, the sun doesn't shine and everything just looks dull. When Spring finally emerges it brings with it a whole new burst of energy. There is nothing like the colour of the first spring grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment