My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

10 December 2011

Good Day

I got up early - though later for me as my day usually begins at around 2.40am.  I was the first one up so had a little peace and quiet to greet the day.  Quiet in this house isn't easy - there are five of us living here.  My youngest will turn eighteen on Dec 19th. 

I packed up my Mum's box and got my sisters' cards ready and took them to the Post Office.  Hubby ended up driving me.  We went to a smaller PO and there was no-one in there when I arrived.   Unfortunately the clerk was having problems with the computer, luckily it didn't take long to fix.  Mum's package is now on its way - priority service and my purse is $45 lighter - ouch!  I am happy it is on its way.  Usually I am such a procrastinator and any gifts I usually get her arrive after Christmas.  I'm hoping this one makes it in time and things arrive in one peice.

Thought about shopping - spent too much money this week so stayed in.  YEAH for me!  Actual spending (after the PO) $0.  I did finish Peppermint Patties - my family LOVE these!

I've made these for years.  They are easy to make and taste just as good - if not better - than anything store bought.  Have included recipe below.

Ingredients:



•1 pound confectioners' sugar


•3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened


•2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract


•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


•1/4 cup evaporated milk


•2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips


•2 Tablespoons shortening


Preparation:


In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter or margarine, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Add evaporated milk and mix well.


Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 20 minutes. Flatten with a glass to 1/4-inch thickness. Chill for 30 minutes.


In a double-boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment