My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

12 June 2013

Back to work

Well, I went back to work.  I'm wearing my fracture boot to start off.  I hate the thing.  Here's a little whine now.... I wore it last summer, wore it some more last Autumn, then after the surgery for four weeks and I was hoping to be done with it.  It's heavy and hot and horrible to wear for eight hours.  BUT the other alternative is a swollen and painful ankle.  I'm going to wear it for a week or so and then see how I do at work without it.  I am trying to sit as much as possible and I'm not on my feet as much as I was. 

How's work?  There is so much to do!  It's audit season again so every week we're on edge waiting to see if the auditor will show up.  The work is waaaay behind and I don't think there's a way to catch up with some things.  If the auditor shows up at this point we will fail.  My backups did a good job considering they are both new to it, but still...it's so overwhelming.  I am hoping to go part time before the summer is over.  I liked the way I was feeling when I was off work - I wasn't tired or stressed or overwhelmed.  I've only been back a week and I can already feel it all creeping up on me again.

Hey - that's enough of the whine!  I have a day off today and hope to do some crafty things so hopefully I can share later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment