My Sad, Sad Visitor Counter :(

25 June 2013

Sizzix Big Kick machine

I treated myself last week to a Sizzix Big Kick machine.  I went back and forth between this and the Cuttlebug but decided on the Big Kick because it seemed a little less confusing.  The Cuttlebug seemed to have different plates and such and the Big Kick had one plate with different tabs.  My poor confused mind found this easier.  I also liked the idea that it could work with any die cut/embossing folders.  I wasn't too sure about the Cuttlebug - seemed there was something else you had to buy separately in order for other company's dies/embossing folders to work with it.

Today I got to unpack my machine






It is quite heavy.  I was looking for a Big Shot but couldn't seem to find out.  This definitely seems sturdy and I like it.

I purchased a couple Tim Holtz embossing folders.  I gave them a try and used the distress inks to colour.


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them!  Lol.

I also bought a flip it Square die cut.  I was a little confused as to how to fold the card, but I looked on YouTube and I think I'm got it right!




The only thing I'm not sure of is that the cutting pads are getting marks on them already!  It seems this is supposed to happen - ah the joys of the Internet!  I think there is a pad I can buy that helps with this!  The first time I tried making the above card it cut right through the paper where there were supposed to be scores.  The second time I put an extra piece of card and it helped.





No comments:

Post a Comment